Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

June 25, 2014

Don't Miss a Research Trip to Albany New York October 2014

Don't Miss a Research Trip to Albany New York October 2014
Olive Tree Genealogy received the following information from  The New York Genealogical & Biographical Society's research trip to Albany New York


The NY&GB's research trip to Albany, New York, is scheduled for October 29-November 1, 2014

 Both the Library and the Archives are rich in material available nowhere else that pertains to people who have lived throughout New York State. The Library's extensive collections include family genealogies, local histories, DAR records, church records, census records, early newspapers on film, and city directories, as well as archives and manuscripts. The holdings of the Archives include State records relating to military service (War of 1812 through World War I); land records (mostly transactions involving the Colony or State of New York); court records (including colonial wills and early 19th-century civil cases); records of some correctional and custodial institutions; and indexes to vital records (excluding New York City). 

REGISTRATION: Register via our online store or call 212-755-8532, ext. 211. The program fee is $275 for members and $350 for non-members. 

 ACCOMMODATIONS: We have arranged a special room rate at the Albany Hilton of $126 per night, single or double. To make a reservation, please call the hotel directly at 866-691-1183 and mention conference code 1NYGBS to get this rate.

2 comments:

Margel said...

Oh, I wish I could go. One of my brickwall ancestors SUPPOSEDLY married in Albany, New York. According to family notes Elizabeth Chatterton b.1828 Ireland married Charles McCarty b. 1808-1815 Ireland in Albany about 1845. I have no evidence however. My 2x great grandparents don't seem to exist before the 1850 census. Ahhh well . . .

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

I love just a few minutes from Albany. I wonder if I could meet the group. I could learn more about my local resources.